Watch WRS' short videos on basic investing
Even though National Save for Retirement Week (NS4RW) is over, members can still watch the six online videos on basic investing to learn more about investing in their futures.
The short educational videos last about 10 to 15 minutes each and are designed to provide information to members who may not have time to attend a full length seminar.
The Wyoming Retirement System (WRS) unveiled the videos online during NS4RW, which was held during Oct. 21 through Oct. 25. During the retiremen’t fair, which was also held during NS4RW, a WRS retirement educator presented the seminars live.
The theme during this year’s retirement fair was “choosing your path.” Members learned the differences between the Pre-Mixed portfolios and the Mix-Your-Own funds offered in the 457 Deferred Compensation Plan.
Members learned about the paths by attending the retirement fair and listening to the live educational seminars on basic investing, reading daily emails from WRS and watching the new online videos.
WRS will continue to offer the educational materials throughout the next year. Members are encouraged to review the retirement resources below and watch the videos.
Target date flyer
– Members enrolled in the Pre-Mixed funds path can learn more about this investment choice and the importance of picking one target date fund.
– The sample portfolios can show you how the Mix-Your-own funds can be combined to create a diversified portfolio.
– Learn more about the Pre-Mixed and Mix-Your-Own funds paths and what you need to do to be ready for retirement.
– Learn what you can do in your 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s to prepare for retirement
- This budget worksheet can help members track expenses to see where their money is being spent.
Risk tolerance quiz
- The risk tolerance quiz takes into account not only your comfort with risk but also how long you have to invest, referred to as your investment horizon.
- Learn about the different asset classes under the 457 Plan.
- This worksheet is designed to help members estimate how much retirement income Social Security and their employer-sponsored pension benefits will provide and how much needs to be provided through the 457 Plan and othe investments.
Retirement Income Control Panel
- This tool is available when members log into their 457 Plan accounts. It provides a projection of what a member's monthly retirement income could be based on their current strategy and savings history.
Previous retirement fair resources